I love God and I love America!
We know that the Bible says in Proverbs 21:1; “The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.“. We also know that it is God’s people humbling themselves before Him and praying that moves the hand of God (2Chronicles 7:14).
I believe America is still able to see REVIVAL and AWAKENING if God’s people will get busy really living and devoting their life to Him and His church!
Below are five things I believe that all believers can and should do for America!
1) Prayer is needed in government.
I Timothy 2:1-2 • Proverbs 21:1
2) Patriotism is needed in government
• I believe in flag waving, teary eyed, heart-thumping patriotism.
• Patriotism: “Love of one’s country; the passion which aims to serve one’s country, either in defending it from invasion, or protecting its rights and maintaining its laws and institutions in vigor and purity. Patriotism is the characteristic of a good citizen, the noblest passion that animates a man in the character of a citizen.” (Webster 1828)
￼• I can’t understand these entertainers and even Congressmen who go to Europe or they go to the Middle East and they stand there on foreign soil and criticize the policies of their government. • If you think that is a better place than America, then just don’t come back.
3) Preaching is needed in government
• Nathan preached to David and told him about his sin.
• Elijah preached to Ahab and told him about troubled Israel.
• Eliza spoke to King Jehosaphat
• Daniel preached to Nebuchadnezzar
• Moses preached to Pharaoh.
4) Participation is needed in government
• We need to vote and register others to vote.
• We need to vote our moral values, not our political party.
• We need to vote our moral values and not our pocketbook.
• We need to vote our moral values and our biblical principles not our personal likes.
5) Piety is needed in government
I Timothy 2:2 We need holiness in our country.
• Daniel Webster said, “whatever makes good Christians, makes good citizens.”
￼• It is not a matter of right or left, it is a matter of right or wrong.
• And the standard is the Word of God.